US companies spend $62B annually in direct costs for nonfatal workplace injuries.1 Apex understands that musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) are the single, largest category of injuries in the workplace and account for ~30% of all worker’s compensation costs.2
Thankfully, by employing ergonomic practices, we have helped our clients reduce their lost-time, MSD-related, injuries by over 50%. And we can help you improve performance in areas such as productivity, turnover, employee engagement and job satisfaction.
At Apex, our dedicated ergonomics staff is ready to assess risk and design solutions that lower your operational costs, increase your productivity, and provide a competitive edge for your organization in the marketplace.
To provide optimal value, we tailor each project to your needs with our team of CPEs, OTs, PTs, CEAs, and staff consultants who can meet any level of expertise required.
- Ergonomics Assessments and Customized Solutions: From offices to warehouses to complex manufacturing environments, we evaluate risk factors to help clients prioritize opportunities and solutions.
- Virtual Home Workstation Ergonomic Evaluations:
We help increase comfort and improve productivity when you and your team work from home. Watch our short video highlighting five easy tips for your home office.
- Program Evaluation and Development: Whether by creating a new ergonomic program or by objectively benchmarking current programs against world-class industry peers, we can help you prepare the foundation necessary to reduce the risk associated with repetitive motion and other related injuries.
- Ergonomics Design: Through collaboration with your workplace’s EH&S professionals, engineers, facilities personnel, and procurement teams, we can ensure that equipment, furniture and processes are designed to eliminate injury risk factors and optimize productivity.
- Training: From online to in-person, we offer a variety of ergonomic training classes including train the trainer, office evaluator, manual material handling, and general ergonomics awareness.
- Supplemental Staffing: We provide staffing solutions with the right level of experience and pricing from staff consultants to industry-leading Certified Professional Ergonomists.
- Participatory Ergonomics/Ergonomics Teams & Committees
- Injury Analyses
- Return to Work
- Risk Mapping
- Digital Human Modeling
- Approved Products List Development
- Safe Patient Handling
- Integrated Micro-Break and Educational Software
- Physical Demand Analysis
- Stretching programs
- Body Mechanics and Postural Coaching
- Management Consulting (Strategic Business Advising)
1 Source: 2016 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index
2 Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics